28 February 2015

good-bye, February

February usually brings the most snow for us and it didn't disappoint! The boys had several snow days and next week might be a full week of school, since I don't know how long. The cold temps have been brutal some mornings whilst still not as cold and snowy as our neighbors to the north but cold as we'll take it here! All the handknits have been loving the wintry weather as they've been worn and loved extra much this month.

::Knitting 
Currently working on my first sweater ... it will be for Zack and coming along nicely. Spring is still chilly and very windy so I'm sure he'll have plenty of more weeks to be able to wear it. If it goes well, I might make another for a Christmas gift. But let's not get too crazy. I'm in a Tea swap in the Fluffy Fibers Podcast Ravelry group so I'm going to have a fun time deciding a tea nicety to knit for my partner as well as pick out tea goodies for her to send. My Raverly queue is filling up with more patterns I want to knit!!! Have you seen Farmhouse or Gratitutde or 3 Color Cashmere Cowl??? Those are just a few pushing their way to the front of my gotta-knit pile.

The Age of Brass and Steam (shown below) was such an enjoyable knit this month and I already want to make another. Great design. The yarn is Periwinkle Sheep Aran and a dream to work with ... the touch of pink is Hazel Knits Cadence which I had leftover and deemed it perfect for an accent in this piece.

 
::Movies/TV
Downton Abbey season 5 concludes tomorrow night. I want 8 more episodes!!! Grantchester has been interesting and a good, new series IMO. My youngest and I have been enjoying movies from the library like Howl's Moving Castle and  My Neighbor Totoro ... really, really fun ones to watch more than once.

::Books
if you need a good pageturner, then I highly recommend Girl on a Train. It's a Hitchcock-type thrilled and just like a train ride, it starts slow, gets going, lulls a bit, and then picks up the pace at top speed to make you eager for the last page and your destination of all things to make sense. Our bookclub pick was The Rosie Project - another fast read and great for discussion.

::Out and About
My Mom and I enjoyed some time together on this glorious, sunny Saturday! Here are some old and new favorites.

See you in March!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh i just picked up Girl on the Train from the library, the rosie project was a book club read of our a whike ago, really loved it. Enjoy your sweater knitting! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in for a fast reading ride, Maggie! Hope you like GIRL ON A TRAIN!!!

    ReplyDelete