06 July 2015

Outlander Sampler / NEW cross stitch design

Outlander Sampler, design by Tanya Marie Willis Anderson Copyright 2015
Pattern available on etsy.com
It's hot here. Hot. Humid. My hair is ... wild. But then it's just another day so there you go. On the designing front, I have a NEW pattern available ... a cross stitch one and I hope you are excited about it as much as I am. It's Outlander inspired and if you're not into Outlander, thank you for humoring all my Twitter posts as of late .. I'm kinda bonkers for this book and TV series on Starz. I'm working my way through Diana Gabaldon's book 3, Voyager, and clearly I can't get enough of the Jamie and Claire epic story. If you like historical fiction and well, books ... then you should check out Outlander!

Ok, now for the design  ... 
Sampler is worked in DMC cotton floss on 32t Antique White linen by my model stitcher, Ann Slater. She did a gorgeous job, as always!, and I was giddy when it was finished in the frame and ready to hang. Liberty of London fabric, from my Mom's recent trip to London!, seemed perfect as the accent piece to join the needlework with a Herringbone stitch. Finishing is up to the needleworker but this is how mine is displayed in the house. 

Read the book ... watch the TV series ... stitch the sampler!

3 comments: